Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 2 November 2012

November 2 (92)

”Fairness is not an attitude. It’s a professional skill that must be developed and exercised.”
Brit Hume
I am certainly seeing that life does not always feel fair and just. As much as I would like the world to be respectful and honourable, the truth is that sometimes it is and sometimes it isn’t. What really matters is how I fulfill my role, if I choose to be honest and just regardless of the actions of others. I may not always be treated in kind but that is no excuse for me to behave poorly. It is important for me to live by my new set of values and morals, even if this not how I used to be.
My change of attitude and behaviours is probably least accepted by those who are closest to me. They are the ones most betrayed and most familiar with whom I used to be. It is with them that only time and consistency in my new way of living that will allow them to being to trust that this isn’t just another phase, another attempt to make good long enough to go back to my old habits.
Like many things in my recovery, being fair and just is another tool that I need to practice and strengthen. It may feel unnatural at first, but in time it will become part of my new “normal.” I just have to keep at it. 
Affirmation
It will be a challenge to prove to others that I am in recovery to stay, slowly and steadily must I continue along my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment