Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 8 November 2012

November 8 (86)

”What we need is more people who specialize in the impossible.”
Theodore Roethke
Life most days is pretty run-of-the-mill. I go about my daily paces, taking care of what needs to be done, occasionally adding in things that I want to do. Most life events are pretty ordinary, and life goes on in a fairly routine manner. Yet at the same time, my life is far from average, at least in terms of where I used to be. The place where I am now, all because of having found the program, is really a miracle from my perspective. I had thought things were near impossible to recover from when I was in my deepest, darkest point of my acting out. There was no one or nothing that was going to bring the light of day back into my world.
I truly see my fellowship and all 12-Step programs as pockets of miracle workers. It is not due to any one person, but the collective efforts of the whole that provided the environment for my own miracle of recovery To have regained a sense of joy, happiness, contentment and purpose where I saw none is simply incredible.
SAA has brought me into a group of people who make the impossible a reality on a regular basis. I am privileged to have been on the receiving end and as well to know that I continue to be part of the atmosphere that will provide this help to others.
Affirmation
I know the impossible can become possible, especially in recovery, as I see the miracles realized within my groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment