Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 29 November 2012

November 29 (65)

”There are thoughts which are prayers. There are moments when, whatever the posture of the body, the soul is on its knees.”
Victor Hugo
Prayer and meditation are an important part of my program of recovery. While they are not something overly structured, I do notice how easily I can start to feel poorly, less grounded, when I am not practicing my regular talks with my Higher Power or taking those moments to pause, reflect, and just be. In many ways I am glad that I don’t have such rigid constraints as it gives me the freedom to use these tools whenever, while driving to work, when I need to take a quick break at the office, before I go to bed or first thing when I wake in the morning.
Five minutes when I need to remind myself of that bond between me and a power greater always seems to put things into perspective.  I am small but important. What I do matters. Who I am and how I act affects not only me but those around me. I am a good person. I am loved because I deserve love. I am changing and growing. These and other reminders help to provide a little boost so I can continue through my day.
The God of my understanding is always there, always listening. It’s up to me to take the time to ask for guidance and to listen for the answer in my prayer and meditation. I have a part to play to make the relationship work.
Affirmation
I need to take the time to slow down and spend time on communication with my Higher Power. Like any relationship, I need to work at it to keep it healthy and strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment