Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 6 November 2012

November 6 (88)

”Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.”
Benjamin Spock
This is a hard thing to do some days…trusting myself. Thinking back, that sentiment is what led me down many paths that weren’t the best decisions. Yet, honestly, at the same time, if I consider the person that I am now and who I am becoming, I do trust myself a great deal more than I used to. And, apparently, as is continuously evident in my God-given talent to keep filling these pages, I do know more than I think I do. Or at the very least, I am open to being a vessel for the inspiration of my Higher Power to flow through me and into these passages. Sometimes I even pay attention and listen!
Learning to forgive myself has been a big challenge. I have caused real harm, hurt real people, and there are many regrets that I have which I may never be able to properly amend. It’s not right, fair, nor anything I can control. Part of my acceptance is being willing to let God present those opportunities for amends when and if they are part of His plans, not my own. If they come or don’t, there is a lesson for me to learn, and many other things I can focus on doing better.
Life is full of surprises, but I am becoming more capable of handling events as they rise, accepting situations as they unfold and finding my part to play. I thank my Higher Power regularly for the continuing guidance and insight which continues to keep me headed in the right direction.
Affirmation
In time doubt will be replaced with faith, fear with trust, and I will move forward with confidence and purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment