Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 12 September 2012

September 12

”If you can’t feed a hundred people, then just feed one.”
Mother Theresa
I like to make an effort that has an easily measurable reward. Even better, is if there is enough effort to be worthy of recognition of others. Hmm, another character defect…seeking recognition for my efforts to feel validated by others, to let them define my sense of self-worth. This too is another place that can hold me back. So, I can’t go save a whole boatload of people, why should I bother helping someone cross the street? Oh I can’t afford a large donation to the local charity, so why drop a couple of dollars in the bucket for a good cause?
Life is about what I can do and accepting it. So maybe for today I can only hold the door open for someone, smile at people as I greet them, or respect the speed limit and the rules of the road. My efforts most likely will go unnoticed by most of the world. So be it…but my Higher Power is watching. My authenticity today, being true to my values and beliefs, will give a reward later, when I least expect it. It is not about recognition from others anyways, it is about living with honesty and integrity. Being able to be comfortable in my own skin is worth more than any reward or compensation.
Affirmation
I will be alright with what I can do today, for others and myself. Living to fulfill the will of my Higher Power will have its rewards in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment