Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 18 September 2012

September 18

”Go on working freely and furiously, and you will make progress.”
Paul Gaugin
My recovery stops when I quit working my program. It may not feel like it right away, it make take hours or days, but eventually, if I am not doing those outer circle activities to maintain sobriety, the shadow of my addiction will constantly creep back into my life. It happens quite innocently, a stray glance or thought, the temptation to look at something or say something that is near the boundaries of my inner circle. Before I know it I can find myself obsessing, fantasizing or even acting out.
The road to recovery is a life-long journey. My tools not only need to be with me each and every day, but I am required to use them as well. Progress has to be a continual working towards a better life. The steps are all part of my personal voyage towards living for the will of my Higher Power rather than my own.
My addiction never gives up. As is often heard in the program, it is out in the parking lot doing push-ups, patiently waiting for the opportunity to jump back into the driver’s seat. My responsibility with my awareness is to remain vigilant and take away those opportunities. This is the freedom offered to me by the program.

Affirmation
I commit to being in recovery today and that means using the tools I have learned to continue taking steps of progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment