Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 15 September 2012

September 15

”A will finds a way.”
Orson Svelt Marden
So many things in life are like a double-edged sword… the subject of will certainly is one of them for me. Trying to bend things to my will, well I have years of experience doing that, and more than ample examples of how my addict found a way, even against my better judgement. That was a total loss of will – me powerless and out-of-control.
Recovery is showing me a new way, the will of the God of my understanding. It’s not all about me figuring out where my life is headed. It is about trusting in something bigger than me that knows better than I do what the future holds for me. It is opening myself up to the possibility that this “Other” wants the best for me and knows the way even though I probably cannot see it. It is faith become action that if I continue working my program, focus on me and what I can change, all the rest of the pieces are going to fall into place. It sounds a little crazy and too simple, yet it is working. Letting Go and Letting God has moved my life to such a better place than I ever thought possible. The program works if you work it! 
Affirmation
I am learning to let go to be open to the will of my Higher Power; it is a new and better way to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment