Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 8 September 2012

September 8

”We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.”
Miyazawa Kenji
Moving on with my life and pushing forward through the trials of separation and divorce has been far from easy. Breaking the bonds with someone who was such a large part of my life for many years is far from evident. Physical separation was probably the easiest part, the psychological and emotional separation is much more challenging, energy draining and depressing.
It has been important, more than ever, to force myself to stick to my routine of recovery during this period. My meetings, my fellowship, my sponsor, and my SAA literature are powerful resources to help keep me grounded in the present and provide windows of sanity in the emotional turmoil.
I have spent many hours looking back, wondering if I could have saved my marriage, if I did enough when I understood better how much damage I had caused. It is all part of letting go, wrestling with the ghosts of what could have been. My support network helps me to see the steps I have taken to improve my life and reminds me of where I am today. The grief and pain of the past will pass in time and I am discovering that it is fuel to make me want to be better for now and the future.
Affirmation
Grief, hurt and pain are part of my life too. They are not fun to endure but can provide valuable lessons that I will come to treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment