Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 7 September 2012

September 7

”The only courage that matters is the kind that gets you from one moment to the next.”
Mignon McLaughlin
One of my favorite affirmations is “I accept pain as my teacher and problems as the key to a new existence.” This follows the same line of thinking that problems and adversity are catalysts for change. In my recovery I am able to see more often that challenges are opportunities for me to behave differently, to learn and to grow. Much less often do they appear as obstacles or hindrances to my progress.
There is another side to this affirmation, a warning and a reminder that I should not seek out situations that will knowingly cause me harm – physical, emotional or spiritual. Life events will unfold to present me with ample opportunities for growth and change that I need not add more chaos to my life to have more. If I trust in my Higher Power then I know that He will only give me what I can handle and no more.
Life is nothing more than a series of events. Growing in the program, finding my strength within, helps me to find the courage to continue moving forward. Each step in recovery is an accomplishment towards living a new life – safe, sober, and clean.
Affirmation
May I rise to the challenge of each moment, accept life as it happens, and avoid purposely adding chaos into my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment