Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 14 September 2012

September 14

”Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.”
Omar Khayyam
It never ceases to amaze me how often I get the urge to simply stop and be. To take deep breaths and taste life in the air around me, to truly look at the world around me and see it as though it is the first time, to hear the music and rhythm in all the sounds that surround me. It is wonderful to be alive, to be content with who I am, as I am, and knowing that my Higher Power accepts me just as I am.
There is so much freedom and power in no longer having to be someone or something for others. I am who I am, good, bad, ugly, beautiful, happy, angry, sad, joyful, rich, or poor. The direction of my life comes from the God of my understanding, my serenity, love strength and courage come from within and I feel better equipped to deal with life.
Right here, right now, this very instant is the only time I have to work with…it is tiny, minute, yet contains infinite potential. I have wasted too many moments in acting out, in regret for the past or worry for the future. Instead I will just be present, living in the now and try to harness the amazing power that lies within the grasp of each precious moment. 
Affirmation
Stop. Listen. Taste. Touch. Breathe. Look. Be. It’s great to be alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment