Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 16 September 2012

September 16

”Some cause happiness wherever then go; others, whenever they go.”
Oscar Wilde
In general life is good, but I still have days when I don’t feel particularly cheery. It is still difficult to allow myself to feel a little down in the dumps, depressed or sad. Yet I need to understand and remind myself that it is normal to have these unpleasant feelings…and that I need to experience them. The trick is not to hide from or ignore my emotions, but to live through them and wherever possible, figure out what is causing them.
I have a tendency to want to cheer up too fast, and will look for a quick fix to get back to being “normal.” In reality my new normal is about accepting where I am and learning to focus on the present. Nothing is really good or bad, it just is. Life is not a flat line, but filled with peaks and valleys, as is my emotional state.
Happiness is something advertised as the humor we should have all the time. How unrealistic, to expect that we should be “on” all the time, content with the world and everything around us each and every moment. We are complex creatures with a range of emotions for a reason. I may not want to celebrate feeling down, but it is a sobering reminder that I am human, after all. 
Affirmation
I will continue to be present and that means accepting my feelings as they come and go, even those that are less pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment