Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 20 September 2012

September 20

”Happy is he who dares courageously to defend what he loves.”
Ovid
My recovery is precious. Because right now it is helping me regain my connection to my Higher Power, it is probably one of the most valuable things in my life and I need to protect it. I have heard people say that working their program is like putting money in the bank, that it is self-guarding some protection for when they need to withdraw it to help combat their triggers and addictive tendencies. I see working my program more like sand I add to an hour glass that has no top or bottom. Picking up my tools and using them helps to keep my addiction at bay, but if I am not consistent and continuously working my recovery that reserve of sand will eventually fall all the way through.
It takes daily doses of courage to make being in recovery a priority. It is too easy to fall back into my old routine, to put off my sponsor, prayer, meetings or some other tool when life is going well. Life is good because I am still active in my outer activities, in connecting with others, in reading my recovery literature and meditating. Why on earth would I want to stop these things and jeopardize the sanity and serenity I have found? Now that is just a little crazy thinking on my part!
Affirmation
I will choose to defend my sobriety and that means continuing to work my program – life is good today because I am doing the right things.

No comments:

Post a Comment