Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 2 September 2012

September 2

”I have learned from experience that the greater part of happiness or misery depends on our own dispositions and not on our circumstances.”
Martha Washington
One piece of advice that helps me on the days when I just don’t feel like being happy is to “fake it ‘til you make it.” Forcing a smile onto my face, saying “Hello” when I would rather say nothing and trying to put some spring in my step can go a long way to improving my disposition.
My attitude really has a big impact on how my day unfolds, the choices I am more likely to make, and how much I feel I have accomplished. I don’t always want to pick up my daily meditation book. I don’t necessarily feel like journaling, calling a friend, or going to a meeting. Yet I need to keep pushing myself to do those outer circle things to continue integrating them into my new routine and making them part of the new me.
I have been through more emotionally challenging situations since I began recovery than I ever faced while I was in active addiction. Yet my attitude, the tools and support I have gained have helped me to cope in new ways and to not step back into my former behaviours. It hasn’t always been obvious or easy but each tough situation has strengthened my resolve. I am learning that I no longer need to act out like I used to in order to cope with life.
Affirmation
My circumstances are often beyond my control, but how I choose to face them, how I react or act are tied to my attitude. Let me be positive today.

No comments:

Post a Comment