Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 25 September 2012

September 25

”You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
One of my biggest challenges as I move through separation from my spouse, as our relationship has gone from being friends to enemies, at least for now, is to continue to show respect. Doing kind acts, at least for the sake of my kids when I know full well the same gesture would not be given in return, is very trying. Keeping my spouse informed about events at school, or health or other concerns with our kids during their time with me is how I would like, and even expect, to be treated, even if I am not.
I do not do this for the sake of my spouse. It is mostly for the benefit of the kids, they should not be the ones to have to inform my former partner. At a more basic level, it is simply the right thing to do. As the Bible tells me, I am should love my enemies. This is a true test of love and kindness, to act with the foreknowledge that your gesture is likely to be rejected, yet still do it.
I may never repair that relationship to a point where we can be civilized with each other. I don’t know what my Higher Power’s will is in that regard yet. However I need to continue living with my principles intact, and treating others with respect, even the other parent who may hate me right now, is certainly one of them.
Affirmation
I will continue to treat others as I would like to be treated. I can hold my head up for living by my values and morals.

No comments:

Post a Comment