Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 29 September 2012

September 29

”Confidence is preparation. Everything else is beyond your control.”
Richard Kline
I am trepidatious by nature. No place is this more apparent than in the workplace. Although I am good at my job and in general a people person, I often struggle in situations where I need to lead. I try to compensate for my lack of confidence in portraying my abilities and knowledge by speaking too fast, not speaking loudly or clearly enough, and poorly articulating. Many times I feel like someone fresh out of school in a new job, rather than the experienced person that I am. It’s a bit ridiculous when I think about it after the fact.
Preparation helps to some degree, but in the moment I often forget where I need to lead a discussion or what I need to say. I feel like I am being judged, that in some way I need to prove or justify my competence to being telling the group before me what needs to be discussed. Yet really all I need to do is my job; the opinions of others about me are not as important as achieving the goal.
It can be hard to separate myself from my work. Some things I perceive as too much of a reflection on my person or as an attachment to my self-worth. I need to remember that my work does not define me, but is an expression of my values and ethics in a working environment. 
Affirmation
I can be confident in who I am and what I am capable of, knowing that my Higher Power is there to support me.

No comments:

Post a Comment