Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 19 September 2012

September 19

”I have no Yesterdays, Time took them away.
Tomorrow may not be but I have Today.”
Pear Yeardon McGinnis
I used to think I had all the time in the world. Tomorrow I could fill up, and the next week, month, or year with activity and planning. It has taken a significant amount of recovery to realize that all I really have is Today, and even harder to come to terms with is knowing all that I really have is right now.
I cannot get back Yesterday or anything that has happened in the past. The moment is gone, lost forever. I can choose to allow it to shape who I am and where I go from there. Regret, anger, and resentment about what has been only distract me from being in the present.
The Future is little better. I can worry, but effort into my fears of what may be, yet here too I remove myself from right now. My power in just being, in gaining the awareness of who I truly am, of opening myself to the will of something greater than myself, grants me the freedom to choose how to live each moment. I can squander it on negative thoughts and emotions or parts of my addictive nature, or I can choose life in recovery – to be healthy, clean, sober and sane. Each moment of serenity restores a part of my true self and gives me the ability to serve the purpose of my Higher Power.
Affirmation
My focus is to be in the moment, the past is beyond my control and the future may never come to pass. I will do the most I can right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment