Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 21 September 2012

September 21

”There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.”
Oscar Wilde
There is more than one way to look at any tragedy that befalls us. For example, I recently had someone vandalize some of my property. It happened completely out of the blue, seemed perfectly unjustifiable and created a pocket of chaos in my life as I had to deal with it. And like most people, it gave me an opportunity to complain about life, about bad things happening to me and all the rest.
One comment in particular as I shared my story made me change my attitude a little faster than I probably would have. Someone responded “Well, you know, this having happened may have prevented something even worse.” No idea like that had certainly crossed my mind while I was dealing with the insurance agency, authorities and figuring out how it was going to affect my pocketbook. That outside opinion made me step back and look at the bigger picture, and whose will needed to be followed. Sure, the situation was inconvenient and unpleasant, but in the grand scheme of things, really not the end of the world. A temporary setback that I would soon forget. So no need to spend too much time or energy griping or worrying, just deal with it and move on. There are so many better areas of my life that deserve my attention.
Affirmation
I am learning to put things into greater perspective and to be open to the opinions of others as I journey through life.

No comments:

Post a Comment