Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 10 May 2012

May 10


”Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.”
Harvey Fierstein
I remember from a very young age developing the notion that I did not want to grow up like my father. I am not sure I even knew what that meant fully at the time, nor in the years that followed, but it was somehow a self-promise to be better than the standard he represented. The problem is that the more I tried to enforce this idea, the more like him I became.
I have lived through periods of defiance, where I firmly believed that no one could define who I was and that the way to do things was to turn away from all those people who could guide me in finding the path that was right for me to take. The best result that I achieved through that course of action was to become even more lost than I thought possible.
My recovery has taught me that being my own person is more about my surrendering to the possibility that I don’t know best rather than assuming that I do possess that knowledge. I am realizing that I don’t know the path of my future, heck I am not even holding the map. It is through others that I can be guided when I open myself to the workings of my Higher Power in those around me. Today I wish to be more like my father rather than so different, for his path of recovery can surely aid my own.
Affirmation
I will be open to the definition of my path that my Higher Power offers and look for the guidance that is provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment