Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 11 May 2012

May 11


”What the hearts has owned and had, it shall never lose.”
Henry Ward Beecher
One of my most difficult challenges in my recovery has been trying to reconcile my relationships, especially my marriage. Realizing how much my addiction has taken away, how much damage it has caused to the love and trust that is supposed to be the foundation, has made it painfully evident how much work needs to be done to begin healing. I am more aware of how much I stand to lose, how much I have tossed aside. I am committed first to my own recovery, and somewhat of a secondary effect is the improvement in my commitment to my spouse. Working my program does not guarantee success in restoring my relationship.
I have has lost many opportunities to be a responsible and caring parent. Yet I can be more present today and begin to reintegrate myself in to the lives of my children. My kids will notice my renewed interest and enthusiasm as long as I am consistent. I have stopped hiding my emotions from them and I am trying to be a more genuine person to be a better role model.
I am rediscovering what love truly is, not the selfish lust and desire of my past, but the selfless giving and sharing with those I deeply care about. I am becoming comfortable with the idea that no matter what the future holds I will be alright with myself. I will still be the father that my children need. And my love for my spouse will always be a part of me.
Affirmation
I can remain true to who I am and try to mend relationships but I need to keep my recovery a priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment