Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 14 May 2012

May 14


”Nothing endures but change.”
Heractilus
Change is still a scary thing. Change can make me feel anxious, nervous, afraid, angry…and usually does more often than it makes me feel happy or accepting. I am a creature of habit and I know much of my natural tendency is to want to remain exactly the way I am. And this is okay.
Most change I face in day-to-day situations is external to me. It is generally not anything that I can do much about, or even influence. A lesson I am learning is that experiencing change around me does not mean that it will change who I am. I need to repeat this – experiencing change does not mean that it will change who I am. The only way for me to change is to decide to change myself. I can do this by actively working on making aspects of myself different, or passively b neglecting to do things to remain true to myself. Yet fearing external changes will affect the core of who I am I only a fact if I choose let it happen.
This revelation helps to relieve my fear, anxiety and worry. Certainly changes can and will affect my environment and it can be challenging. Yet I still have all my skills and resources, my internal abilities, to cop in adapting to a new situation. My core being will remain intact as long as I choose it to be that way.
Affirmation
I can look at change in a new light by accepting that the only person who can change me is myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment