Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 28 May 2012

May 28


”Fall seven times, stand up eight.”
Japanese Proverb
I have slipped and had relapses in my recovery. In those early days after I first admitted that I was a sex addict, the pull of my addictions was still strong and usually won in a contest of wills. What has made the difference is the fact that I have picked myself up out of the dirt after each fall. My persistence has paid off as I gradually accumulated longer periods of sobriety and the temptation to fall back on old behaviours began to diminish in kind.
I am certain that I did not stand up of my own accord, at least fully, many of those first times. I felt accountable to my group pretty well from my first meeting. Over time I have gained accountability to my family, my Higher Power, and finally to myself. I no longer desire to be that person I had been in my addiction. I like the changes I have, and feel more and more that I am once again a whole person.
I have gained strength and hope each time I have risen anew. My self-esteem and self-worth are improving as I take back my power of decision and move towards having my thoughts, actions and feelings working in harmony. Life has once again become worth living.
Affirmation
If I slip or fall, the best thing I can do is pick myself up and find the courage to take that next step forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment