Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 13 May 2012

May 13


”Hope means to keep living amid desperation and to keep humming in the darkness.”
Henri J. M. Nouwen
I believe in starting each day anew. I try my best to begin with a positive outlook in the possibility that awaits me. I truly believe in living a day at a time and in trying to focus on the hours that lay before me. I may lose sight of this as I fall into the routine of my day, but at least having started from a clean slate improves my chances of living in the moment.
Dark times still confront me and give me cause to work, despair and fear. I am not immune to the “darker” side of life. But I am gaining more confidence in who I am, my resolve and faith in my Higher Power are increasing. As a result I am weathering storms of varying intensity without having to spiral back into my addiction. I am becoming capable of keeping my spirits up in those trying times, and continue to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I can maintain the hope that I will find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
Hope is another aspect of my life that I can strengthen through use. I know life will have both good times and bad, but I am also aware that I am capable of surviving through the hard times.
Affirmation
Today I retain hope in knowing that I can make it through the struggles. I can gain strength from others who have gone before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment