Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 24 May 2012

May 24


”Conscience is the root of all courage; if a man would be brave let him obey his conscience.”
James Freeman Clarke
In my active addiction I affectively blocked out that small inner voice of my conscience. What? Who are you? Go away!
As I progress in my recovery, I have become increasingly aware that the voice is returning.  I am listening to it on a more regular basis and even following its advice.
My Higher Power exists in all people; therefore there must be a presence that emanates from within me. I call at least part of the power greater than myself my conscience. Just as I need to be open to my Higher Power working through others, I have to pay attention to my own internal dialogue and “gut instinct.” I am gaining the ability to pause when something within me just doesn’t feel right and re-evaluate the situation.
Courage to continue doing the right thing, to keep turning away from my middle and inner circle behaviours is something that I need to pray for regularly. Listening for the guiding voice, taking the time to meditate and reflect to listen for the answers to my prayers is useful in maintaining my openness to the will of my Higher Power.
Affirmation
I will acknowledge my inner voice today and consider how I feel before taking actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment