Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 30 May 2012

May 30


”Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.”
Jim Rohn
A course I took recently for my work brought up a couple of concepts that I am finding helpful lately in evaluating my actions. The course was focused on managing risk, and I can see a direct correlation in assisting me look at consequences. The two concepts are validation and verifications. The first is concerned about doing something right, the second is about doing the right thing. For myself in looking at things that I plan to do, bout these ideas have merit. It is as important to ensure that if I am going to act, that I will do so in a proper manner and with the appropriate intent. It is equally important for the “gut check” or verification from someone else – my sponsor, a fellow member, a therapist or other professional – to ensure that the action is a healthy choice and moves me in a positive direction.
Being more aware that I can not only recognize that there are consequences, but evaluate the possible outcomes and motivations for my actions before I choose to act is certainly a more mature and wholesome way to approach life. The discipline of applying my new found skills increases my ability to make good decisions.
Affirmation
I will look at my motivations and the possible consequences of my actions before I do something today. Reflection can save me from doing the wrong thing or something in the wrong way.

No comments:

Post a Comment