Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 22 May 2012

May 22


”Gratitude is the most exquisite form of courtesy.”
Jacques Maritain
I am thankful for the pain of my recovery. There are certainly at least two aspects. The first is the simple fact that I hurt is proof that I am once again connected to my heart. I am truly grateful to be in that numb, unfeeling state of my acting out. The second reason is that pain is now my teacher…pain comes mostly from situations where I need to change, to find a new way to cope with life. Pain is a way of showing me the balance of life.
The past few months of my recovery have been one storm after another. Each has been emotionally challenging, and some days it feels each one has been more difficult than previous. Through separation, albeit temporary, and some other challenges in my relationships I have somehow managed to weather the assaults, keep my sanity and sobriety and have come out the other side mostly unscathed. As the saying goes, what does not kill you makes you stronger.
All these tests continue to make it clearer what is most important in my life. I am grateful for have rediscovered myself and getting back on track to be the person I was meant to be. I feel more connected to the world and more present for the people in my life who matter the most. 
Affirmation
I can acknowledge my pain today and look for ways to help it improve the person I am rediscovering within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment