Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 9 May 2012

May 9


”I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do.”
Helen Keller
I cannot be everything to everyone and still be faithful to myself and my program of recovery. There are certain roles in my life that I cannot fulfill as much as I want. This can be due to the places where I have damaged relationships or where I am simply not wanted or needed. It can be hard to face rejection…for me it is difficult. Yet being turned away does not mean that there are no other places where I am wanted and needed. When faced with rejection I need to be able to focus my energy and efforts where I know I can have an impact.
The Serenity Prayer is so simple in words yet so encompassing in terms of all we encounter in daily life. I find new meaning and new places where it applies nearly every day. It is one of the greatest guiding principles that I use to stay on track during my journey of recovery.
God, grant me the serenity to accept things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference – I surrender those things I cannot change, pray for the strength to change what I can (mostly myself), and ask for the guidance to know which is which. Whenever one door closes, help me find the others that, by your grace, remain open.
Affirmation
I will look at rejection today as a way to refocus where my efforts are better placed. I am still worthwhile and have a lot to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment