Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 5 May 2012

May 5


”Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved.”
Helen Keller
One of the messages that has stayed with me since treatment is that I should be happy to be in discomfort. Being in that state means I am in a state of change or ready for it. The routine is stable, comfortable and safe. Change is the opposite, we are uncertain, apprehensive, reluctant, but its only through change that we truly grow.
My character needs to go through a transformation if I am truly to make the journey out of my active addiction to a different and sane life. Giving up my old ways is a very real way of losing a part of myself that has sustained me, provided for me, and helped me cope for years. I need to let that part of me die, having served its purpose, to make room for other ways to meet the challenges of daily life. I am aware that I will need to grieve this loss of self.
Change can come gradually or in a quick burst. But change is all around me and I can learn to embrace it. My goal is to continue to welcome newness into my life. 
Affirmation
I will be aware of what makes me uncomfortable today and explore the opportunity to change and grow that comes with those feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment