Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 15 May 2012

May 15



Don't wait for your 'ship to come in' and feel angry and cheated when it doesn't. Get going with something small.”

Irene Kassorla
I feel…I feel good when I am happy, when I am sad, when I am frustrated or even when I am angry. I am learning to distinguish and separate my feelings from my actions. My emotions are a response to a situation – how it affects me. I can see now that my emotions do not need to be incorporated into the actions that I take. Therefore I can allow myself to feel pain, to feel rejection or to feel angry. There is a reason I feel this way, some part of my beliefs, values or morals that are being confronted. But I do not need to be angry, to return anger in my response. The feelings are my own to be felt and are not meant to be shared.
This is a big step in my recovery and my emotional maturity. It is still a new insight and way of behaving and I am conscious that it will take time and patience for it to become a more regular way for me to respond to life, and certainly in situations of conflict. Like everything else I am learning in recovery, awareness of how things are is a powerful force in guiding me to change my perceptions and behaviours. 
Affirmation
Today I will try to not reflect my feelings in my actions towards others; my emotions are meant for me to perform a self-check before responding appropriately.

No comments:

Post a Comment