Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 16 May 2012

May 16


”A city is a large community where people are lonesome together.”
Herbert Prochnow
I have lived in the country, in small towns and even in larger cities. For me the size of the place has had little to do with how alone or connected I have felt to the community. That power lies within me, whether I choose to be involved or if I would rather isolate and retreat to my own comfort zone. The shame and guilt from my addiction has been a great contributor to keeping me alone in my misery. I have always been disappointed that I have never had many friends, but I was the biggest obstacle. I have done little to invite others into my life.
My recovery and my discovery of the SAA program has started me on a path to reconnecting with others, in making new friends – even a new family. I am learning that I do not need to hide behind my wall of shame and guilt from my past. My honest sharing gives me a new freedom to develop a new kind of intimacy with others and to rediscover a sense of community.
Sharing my past and letting go of the power of my secrets gives me power to focus on the positive aspects of my being. Regaining the ability to like myself and no longer wanting or needing to isolate will help me in reintegrating myself into my community. I no longer need to be lonesome in a crowd
Affirmation
I can learn to love myself and start to open myself to let others into my life. Sharing my secrets will diminish their hold on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment