Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 27 May 2012

May 27


”Having someone who understands is a great blessing for ourselves. Being someone who understands is a great blessing for others.”
Janette Oke
The most precious gift I have found in my groups, and in the SAA fellowship as a whole has been understanding. For what feels to be the first time in my life I know, without a doubt, that I am not alone. While the reasons for me having found the group are not pleasant, the fact that there are groups of like-minded individuals who seek to overcome this addiction brings me tremendous hope.
I challenge myself at every meeting to remain honest, to share openly about where I am, the struggles I still face and the successes I have achieved. I give my attention to others to show my own support for their journey. I learn from everyone I hear, and can almost always share in some aspect of their story that is similar to my own.
In the beginning I needed to lean on others to have the courage and strength to keep taking the next step. Today I know I seek that support even more, not only in coping with my addictive thoughts and tendencies, but with most aspects of my life. Dealing with life on life’s terms is rarely easy, yet I am fortunate to know that I need not do it alone. I am able to support others in ways that I needed as a newcomer. I am grateful to be able to give back, and as the program says, to help those who still suffer.
Affirmation
Today I will seek to understand others as much as I pray to be understood. There is great strength and hope in my fellowship which can support me.

No comments:

Post a Comment