Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 12 May 2012

May 12


”When twisted you’ll be upright; when hollowed out, you’ll be full.”
Tao TêChing
I recently read an idea that gave me pause to look at myself from a new perspective. An author was describing how he was once introduced at a speaking event, but by a list of things that he was not. When I saw this it made me reflect on myself and the roles which I typically use to describe myself – child, parent, spouse and so on. I can also name off a variety of activities that I do which help to define how I see myself. Yet I think I have never considered taking the time to list the things that I am not.
This also brought back memories of some drawing classes I took. One exercise was to draw some still life objects, but not by focusing on the items themselves but on the negative space, the gaps and voids that surrounded them. Another exercise had us reproduce a drawing by creating it upside down. Both exercises were eye-opening in showing me just how my own preconceptions and perceptions can keep me from seeing things realistically.
Another lesson I have learned from these examples is that I need to acknowledge the things that I am good at, that I am capable of and be content, rather than wishing I can be something else. Sometimes taking stock of our qualities is a way to refocus our energies on the skills we possess rather than yearning for others.
Affirmation
Today I will reflect on what I am not; those things that I do not do well. It can help me appreciate all that I have and all that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment