Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 4 May 2012

May 4


”Be of good cheer. Do not think of today’s failures, but of successes that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you preserve; and you will find a joy in overcoming obstacles.”
Helen Keller
Patience, patience, and more patience. If I have discovered one thing that I need more of in recovery, this is probably the biggest. Patience is letting things happen in their own time. Patience is pausing to process difficult situations so that I may act, rather than react. Patience is learning to bite my tongue rather than let my addiction speak. Patience is listening to others when I would rather they were listening to me. Patience is prayer and meditation to strengthen my contact with my Higher Power. And most of the time, patience is doing nothing more than being present in the moment.
My life is still challenging. There have been many days where my life has felt worse than when I was in my active addiction. Days like those test my resolve, my faith in my Higher Power and my program. Dealing with life on life’s terms is not always easy or straightforward. Tragedy, loss, pain, and hurt are as real as success, reward, happiness and joy. Powerful emotions on either side of the spectrum can disrupt my serenity – especially ones that I am used to pushing aside. Allowing myself to experience them gives me strength not to be overwhelmed, to not turn back to my old ways, and to reinforce my serenity.
Affirmation
My patience is a virtue and can help me with all the challenges, positive and negative, that I will face today.

No comments:

Post a Comment