Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 19 May 2012

May 19


”I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning.”
J. B. Priestly
I still believe in miracles and magic. I believe in the power of imagination, that anything is possible if you put your mind to it. My kids are a great reminder of this power; in their innocence they see the world through unblemished eyes and without prejudice. I am so grateful that as much as I teach them that there is so much I can learn in observing what they do and how they think.
I am thankful that I can still appreciate the small things in life: a beautiful sunset or sunrise, birds singing on a warm spring morning, dew glistening on an intricate spider web, laughing until my stomach hurts, listening to a touching song or piece of music or reading a great book. So many small miracles and pieces of magic surround me each and every day. I feel so lucky to have gained sobriety so that I may enjoy each and every one.
Each day opens before us with unlimited possibility and potential. For me, life is too short to carry forward the failures of yesterday or to add in the worries of tomorrow. The hint of the unknown lurking around the next corning is what keeps life interesting for today. 
Affirmation
I will rejoice today in the simple magical moments of the world around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment