Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 1 December 2012

December 1 (63)

”It isn’t whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get back up.”
Vince Lombardi
There is little doubt in my mind that life will continue to throw obstacles in my way. Things are not always going to go according to my own plans. Yet as I grow closer to my Higher Power, I am loosening my grip on the path of my own life and opening up to the will of the God of my understanding. This means I accept that I am going to fall, that I will experience set-backs as I move through the events of my life. Yet each day in recovery, each step I take in working my program, builds my confidence, resilience and capacity to deal with this adversity.  The program and my recovery family are teaching me new skills and tools that help me manage all kinds of different situations. The 12 Steps may be a suggested program of recovery for addictions but they are also a fundamental set of principles for general life skills.
The importance as I face these challenges is to remember to put them in perspective. To ask for help when I need it. To realize that this too shall pass. To turn over those things not in my control to my Higher Power. It’s these small things that help to chip away at my seemingly insurmountable problems to reduce them into something I can face and overcome.
Affirmation
The program is teaching me how to live a better life. May I remember to put into practice the tools and skills I am learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment