Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 25 December 2012

December 25

”I am not young enough to know everything.”
James Barrie
Christmas for me has always been about children, about seeing their wonder and amazement, their pure innocent joy and laughter. It is my time of the year to try and recapture that purity, that openness of just being in the moment, of believing in magic, of living with hope and without limit.
I am no longer young enough to know everything, to be the centre of the universe, invincible and untouchable. My innocence has been jaded by experience, by a loss of the magic that anything can happen, that good always triumphs over evil, or that every cloud has a silver lining. Not necessarily an acceptance of pessimism, but of realism.
Yet I still have those fantastical beliefs in me. I have hope in the power and goodness of humanity. I trust deeply in my Higher Power and my spiritual life. I believe in miracles. I believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy and all those others dreams that I have taught my own children. With God by my side, I know anything is possible. I can find a way to live through the child within me and keep those fantasies alive.
Affirmation
My child within permits me to believe, love and live unconditionally, without prejudice or worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment