Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 11 December 2012

December 11 (53)

”Music hath charm to soothe a savage beast, to soften rocks, or bend a knotted oak.”
William Congreve
Music was a problem in my early recovery. Listening to most popular music I was made painfully aware how much current music is filled with sexual reference and innuendo.  Then there is the rest of it where it is not even hidden, but about cheating on others, affairs, casual encounters, or any other number of sex-related topics. I found myself having to constantly switch stations to avoid music that triggered me. Eventually I ended up turning back to country music, something I used to listen to a great deal in my youth and early adulthood. I found solace in that music and multiple songs that spoke to me and helped to keep me in a better headspace.
Eventually my tastes changed even more after a fellow member from my step study group directed me to a Christian music station. I was leery at first, but have been a regular listener since. I have not only found great messages and spiritual healing in the songs, but also in the topic shows as well as the ministry that I hear from time to time. There always seems to be a message that I hear when I need it most. As the saying goes, God works in mysterious ways and I am grateful that I am open to recognizing and receiving these messages.
Affirmation
I will find my Higher Power’s guidance in many places: music, entertainment, and popular culture if I am open to exploring new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment