Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 2 December 2012

December 2 (62)

”When you choose your friends, don’t be short-changed by choosing personalities over character.”
W. Somerset Maugham
Letting go of past relationships as I move forward in my recovery has been challenging to say the least. Nowhere has this been more apparent than in my marriage, which unfortunately did not survive my exploits from my acting out. The more I have learned about myself, the more I have realized how much I neglected my former spouse, how much the addiction replaced the love and intimacy and broke apart a relationship that part of me truly wanted to work.
Moving forward into life being single after more than a decade of being half a couple has been a transition that I face with mixed emotions. Letting go of someone I love is not as easy nor quick journey. Nor have I fully prepared myself to find someone else. Matters of the heart have never integrated well with my addiction, but I have hopes that my new awareness will carry me far as long as I am working to be in recovery today.
I do have an opportunity to learn from my past and I am certainly better prepared to look for people of character to become a part of my life. I may have short-changed others in the past, but in doing so I also short-changed myself. I am worth more and deserve to find true friends to share in my life.
Affirmation
I can move forward from the most broken relationships. I am capable and deserving of ones that are real, honest and loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment