Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 27 December 2012

December 27

”You cannot hold back a good laugh any more than you can the tide. Both are forces of nature.”
William Rotsler
When life has me down and I need to find a way out of my depressed state, I usually have to go no further than looking at the children in my life, my own or those of friends. To see their free spirits, their ability to just have fun, lightens my heart and gives me reason to want to be a part of life rather than staying alone with the thoughts in my head.
It also does me good to look at myself and recall those moments when I have done some humorous things. It’s healthy for me to be able to poke fun at myself, to be humble enough to admit I have made some mistakes or taken decisions that were mildly to downright hilarious. Laughter is indeed good medicine.
The more I am able to laugh, joke, or cajole with others about my addiction, the less power those experiences hold over me. In viewing my past with irony and even some ridicule, I can distance myself from the all-consuming nature of my inner demons. Knowing that I can make light of former behaviours does not excuse what I have done, but it is a sign of being in recovery and moving forward.
Affirmation
Laugh and let go of the hurt and shame of the past. I am human and my mistakes can transform into humour as I move on in a better direction today.

No comments:

Post a Comment