Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 5 December 2012

December 5 (59)

”Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”
Will Rogers
Learning about the program is a great help. Having the literature, listening to others, absorbing all the tools and tricks is a part of my recovery. But at some point I need to take action. Leaving my Green book beside my bed is not going to magically transform my behaviours. I need to read and then apply the new knowledge I gain. Just as listening to other people is great, but if I don’t try some of the tools that have worked for others, I can’t expect to be getting better.
This is the part of the Serenity Prayer, accepting the things I can change, that I need to be focused on. If I want to stop acting out and behaving like I used to, well then I need to be doing things differently. It’s my task to start making the changes in my life, big or small, to put into practice my program of recovery. That’s why it’s called a program; there is a practical and applicable part that requires me to get involved.
Progress will only happen if I am making some kind of effort. The onus is on me; I am the only one who can change what needs to be changed. It is not going to suddenly happen when I get a new job/relationship/life but when I decide that it’s time.
Affirmation
I am my own master of my recovery. With the support of my Higher Power and friends in the program, I will take each step forward towards surrender.

No comments:

Post a Comment