Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 16 December 2012

December 16

”A dream is the bearer of a new possibility, the enlarged horizon the great hope.”
Kline
It still amazes me that I have regained the ability to dream. After years of living with my head filled with the sexual fantasies on a practically non-stop basis, it is odd to have that void in my thinking. Yet it is also refreshing not to have my head revolving around only acting out thoughts 24 hours a day. I never realized how much all that preoccupation stole my energy to allow me to focus on the other aspects of my life.
The fantasies while I was actively in addiction felt like possibilities, like the magical answer to fix all my problems which could wash away all my pain and sorrow. Yet as I look back now, they were nothing more than pipe dreams, false wishes that sought to give me something which could never be realized, that would never live up to all the hype and advertising. They were empty lies meant to keep me searching for that perfect sexual experience which my fantasy could never deliver.
True dreams are based on concrete things, hope and truth and possibility. They are meant to enhance my life, not dominate it, to encourage imagination and creation, not stifle it. My horizon in recovery is so much larger than I could ever see along that solitary track of my addictive living.
Affirmation
I will find power in my dreams to improve my life, to rebuild what has be broken, and to recreate what has been lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment