Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 14 December 2012

December 14 (50)

”In struggling against anguish one never produces serenity; the struggle against anguish only produces new forms of anguish.”
Simone Weil
I have the capacity to create new tensions in my relationships by fighting for things to happen my way. Or, I can step back, take a look at what my goal truly is, and if letting someone else take the reins will achieve the same thing, then maybe I am better off to let them be in control. It means I will not have to expend extra energy to defend my view and convince the other to follow my suggestions. Instead I can surrender. This does take faith that the other person will do as promised, and my willingness to accept that they will do it in their own way and not as I would have.
This is how I need to see my relationship with my Higher Power. I have to find the courage and the humility to trust in His will, in His plans for how my life is supposed to unfold. It takes the continuing belief that He truly has my best interest at heart. I may not understand the path that has been place before me until I reach the destination, but I will have faith that the route I take is all part of the lessons I am supposed to learn along the journey. 
Affirmation
In surrender I gain the freedom to put my energy into more positive actions. Being humble and letting others take control can be a sign of strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment