Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 29 December 2012

December 29

”In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.”
Thomas Jefferson
Working through separation and divorce has been a challenge against my principles, values and morals. It has been a constant conflict of defending what I believe is right and just as my former spouse has attacked me as a person and as a parent. I have also been treated with a distinct lack of respect in both roles. This has shaken me to the core at times, and made me more than once question whether or not I was doing the right thing or if indeed I knew who I was or what I really stood for.
I have and continue to survive mostly through prayer and faith in my Higher Power. The hardest thing I continue to do is to pray for this person who used to hold such a special place in my life that now seems determined to punish me for all that has happened. I now feel like I am asking God on a regular basis to help this person find the help they need and to find their way back into His arms.
I am grateful that I am aware of how little I can control about other people. I am thankful that I can turn situations like this over to the care of the God of my understanding. I give thanks for the ability to pray and let go, while continuing to fight for what I believe in and for what I feel is best for my children. I praise my power greater than me for the capacity to stand like a rock.
Affirmation
With faith in my Higher Power, I can weather the roughest storm, brave the highest seas and rise to soar amongst the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment