Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 22 December 2012

December 22

”Keep sowing your seed, for you never know which will grow – perhaps it all will.”
Ecclesiastes
One aspect that has helped my recovery more than anything has been my willingness to try just about anything to get better. Not to the extent of trying anything extreme, “cultish” or that could be compared to following the latest diet fad, but truly being open to suggestions from professionals and other members about tools and tips that have helped them or others along. I have not adopted everything that I have tried, but exposing myself to a variety of recovery and spiritual avenues has enabled me to create a fairly broad range of practices that help me to cope.
I look at this as not putting all of my eggs into one basket. This way if something that I try doesn’t work, or stops working, I know that I have a multitude of other healthy resources to turn to rather than being immediately faced with turning back to my old behaviours. Each method grows differently in my garden of recovery, and can sustain me in specific ways, much like I require a variety of exercises to keep my entire body in good shape. I can harvest these tools as I need to help keep my recovery in check and to prevent myself from being overwhelmed by the weeds of my addiction.
Affirmation
The more and varied ways I have to cope the easier it will be for me to stay in recovery and resist my addictive behaviours.

No comments:

Post a Comment