Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 4 December 2012

December 4 (60)

”If you can dream it, you can do it.”
Walt Disney
In my recovery I have finally been able to make a clear distinction between dreams and fantasies. The closest comparison I can make is between needs and wants. Dreams are about needs, about those basic things I require for a happy, healthy life. That means dreaming about love, financial stability, a good job, a secure relationship, travel – all these fall into the category of meeting a need.
My fantasies are tied more closely to my wants and desires, usually in an attempt to find something outside of myself to make me feel better. Fantasies, as I am coming to comprehend them, are not meant to be realized. For it is when I take steps to bring a fantasy to fruition that I get into trouble. This is a sure sign of me trying to run my life my way and not being content with everything which has already been provided.
I still think both have a place in my life. Dreams help me to set goals, to put realistic checkpoints in my future, to provide things for me to hope for and to aspire to achieve. Fantasies are a distraction, and should be treated more like entertainment, with the realization that I have to turn off the TV at some point in order to join and experience the real world around me.
Affirmation
I will take back control over the subconscious thoughts that run through my head, and use them better to promote healthy thinking and goal-setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment