Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 12 December 2012

December 12 (52)

”Great souls have wills; feeble ones only have wishes.”
Chinese Proverb
Trusting in my own will is not an easy thing as for too many years it has been corrupted by my addict. My heart, mind and soul have lived out of sync and are only beginning to work together in harmony. It’s no wonder that living for my addiction has caused so much damage to my soul, my spiritual connection and reservoir as I like to think of it. My self-centered acts and behaviours did nothing better than to cut me off from my Higher Power and any belief in something wonderfully greater than myself. My life was all about wishes and fantasies that were far from being based in reality.
Thankfully the fabric of my soul can be repaired and the wellspring of spirituality can be replenished. It happens when I surrender, when I accept to put my life second, place my priorities behind those of the God of my understanding. It happens when I open myself in prayer, seeking guidance to following the will of my Higher Power, to be in service to others rather than being hell-bent on fulfilling my own desires.
My soul does not require fame or fortune to be rich. It is satisfied when it is in harmony with the world around me, when it seeks love, compassion, joy, hope, honesty, integrity and serenity.   It need not wish for fulfillment, but rather seeks to share my gifts with others.
Affirmation
I will take back power in my life by living for others, especially my Higher Power.

No comments:

Post a Comment