Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 6 December 2012

December 6 (58)

”Begin each day as if it were on purpose.”
Will Smith
One tool that I have seen work well is establishing a plan of recovery for each day. Taking a few moments and considering what activities and tools I can use and schedule into my daily routine to provide reminders and support. Then I can make myself accountable by checking in with my sponsor or a fellow member at the end of the day to see how many of the things I actually incorporated. It is fuel to keep me on the right path be setting up items in advance that will aid me throughout the day.
It is a different approach than focusing on my unwanted thoughts and behaviours. Instead, looking at the positive is a way to help reinforce my new way of living, just like affirmations are meant to help me break free from my negative thinking. This affirmative action planning is another guideline to assist in the creation of a new routine and habits that protect my sobriety.
Beginning each day with a purpose is a boost to reinforce my recovery and enhance my defenses against the pull of my addiction. I may not always have a terrific day, but the more I work at living my new life, the greater the hope I have of achieving freedom from the dark cloud of my sexual addiction. 
Affirmation
I will plan ahead for tomorrow to put in place recovery work and outer circle activities to protect my sobriety and to heal my connection to my Higher Power.

No comments:

Post a Comment