Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 30 December 2012

December 30

”The hills are full of marble before the world blooms with statues.”
Phillips Brooks
I am coming to realize in my recovery that my Higher Power gave me all the tools I needed to succeed in this life at birth. I came with all the essential parts; it is just that I forget where to look for the instruction on how to use it well. Regaining my spiritual connection through working my program, going to church and reading the Bible are all pieces for me that are refreshing the guiding principles of how I am supposed to live my life.
In particular the 12 Steps have been the path back to the God of my understanding and the gradual acceptance of His will over mine. Living by surrendering and by giving service are two of the major changes I am work through in my recovery at present, and they also have equally great rewards. I am at the same time being selfish in my recovery but selfless in society as I am share what I have for others – my time, energy and talents.
In the end, I am allowing my Higher Power to chip away at all the bits of marble that are not in His image of me. By seeking to give up my character defects, opening myself humbly in making amends, and serving others I am being shaped in to the person I was meant to be. 
Affirmation
Today, help me be a vessel of your peace. Let my words, thoughts and deeds reflect your wisdom and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment