Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 13 December 2012

December 13 (51)

”The nearest way to glory – a shortcut, as it were – is to strive to be what you wish to be thought to be.”
Socrates
Being an estranged parent is one of the prices and pains I bear for my past behaviour. Attending events like school concerts, sitting alone knowing that my children, whom I still hold dear in my heart, are sitting on the other side of the room, tears me in two. I cry myself to sleep after encounters like this, lost in prayer with my Higher Power that someday, somehow, the opportunity will present itself to let my children back into my life. I guard the hopes of a different future than this present I endure, and in the meantime pray for the strength to carry on while shouldering this burden.
The pain of this loss is often hard to bear, but I am grateful that I need not manage it alone. I know I can turn to others in the program, my sponsor, friends and family to help me find the courage to continue moving forward. I continue to act as if, as if I will overcome my addiction, as if I will become a better parent, as if all children will have an active part in my life. I have faith that the God of my understanding has a better future in store for me, in His own time and His own way. The pain is a reminder to keep going so I do not make those same mistakes again. I will become what I think I can be.
Affirmation
My pain is my teacher and a reminder of the cost of my addiction but it will help to keep focused on being in recovery and changing my ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment