Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 19 December 2012

December 19

The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.”
Mark Twain
There are days when I just don’t feel like being in recovery. Sometimes I just want to throw in the towel, give up, lie down in the road and just wait for the next disaster to steamroller over me. Let’s face it, recovery is hard work. It doesn’t happen on a whim, because I think it should, but because I choose to make it happen.
Like anything in life, if I try to tackle all of my recovery at once, I will certainly feel like I am overwhelmed and not have much desire to get started. Thankfully the program is broken down into multiple steps, designed to guide me along my recovery gradually. I still need to put the work into each step to keep moving through the process. I know also that I have a network of other that I can rely on to support me and offer suggestions if I am feeling lost.
My addiction didn’t surface overnight, nor will my recovery appear as fast. This is a lengthy journey I have embarked upon, and there will be moments where I want to give up. But, then again, returning to the way things used to be, the way I used to live, isn’t’ a viable option either. I will find the resolve to continue forging ahead, one step at a time.
Affirmation
One pace, one foot forward, one inch at a time. Progress may come in small doses, but each on is a distancing from my old ways of living.

No comments:

Post a Comment