Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 1 February 2012

February 1


“Do nothing secretly; for Time sees and hears all things, and discloses all.”
Sophocles
One of the first harsh realities we have to face as addicts is that we have been dishonest – we have lied to our families, friends, colleagues and most importantly ourselves. Taking that first step in admitting we have a problem, that we are indeed addicts, starts us on the road to living more authentic lives. Our ultimate goal is simply this, to be at a point where what we think, what we say and what we do are all in agreement and harmony with each other.
We’ve likely learned from past experience that our secrets eventually catch up with us; we will be found out or slip-up in keeping our addiction hidden. Rather than needing to deal with the shame, regret and all the other negative feelings that accompany being secretive, we can learn to be open about where we are and how we are doing. Sharing in this way with our group and sponsor frees us from the burden of carrying our secrets and covering our tracks and enables us to move into recovery.
Affirmation
Today I will be honest with myself, and the truth shall set me free.

No comments:

Post a Comment